Process description in principle
Gasseparation is a process in which synthetic membranes and a pressure-difference as driving force are utilized
to separate different components of gas- or vapor-mixtures by taking advantage of the different solubilities and
diffusivities of the different components in the polymer of the membrane.
• Production of nitrogen from air (flew gas etc)
• Oxygen enrichment
• Cleaning of polluted exhaust air streams
• Recovery of hydrogen from process exhaust streams
Components of specific StanTech interest:
– Composite membranes with high selectivities hollow-fiber type
– Compact membrane modules with high performance of permeation rates
– Low pressure losses in the permeate manifold-system of the module.